Game Seventy-Seven (Live on NESN(HD) or 98.5FM The Sports Hub)
Boston Bruins (35-30-12) vs. Florida Panthers (31-34-12)
April 1st, 2010 @ 7:00PM
[credit: AP Photos]
- Scott Clemmensen leads the Panthers over the Bruins in shutout win adding another loss to the Bruins terrible home record of 16-17-6.
- The Bruins out-shot the Panthers 36-to-20 through three periods. The overall amount of rubber tossed at Scott Clemmensen (who earned his first shutout and only 8th win of the season) was ridiculous. The B's combined total number of combined shot attempts was 86 (36 shots, 32 blocked shots & 18 missed shots).
- Boston out-hit Florida 22-to-15, including another huge hit from Johnny Boychuck on Victor Oreskovich at the mid-point of the first period. Seems that only the young guys (Sobotka, Boychuk, and Lucic) have been using the smelling salt lately, bringing their physical game to a new level.
- Boston went 0-for-3 with the man advantage, extending their new goal less streak on the powerplay to 0-for-8.
- Tuukka Rask made 19 saves but allowed an early soft goal that ended up being the game winner. In situations like tonight, there is no way you can even attempt to place any blame on the goaltender. Another tough break for a Bruins goalie due to a lack of offense. Before the game Tuukka was awarded NESN's 7th Player Award (video below) as voted on by the fans.
- Shawn Thornton didn't dress due to what is being said was an upper body injury. Brad Marchand dressed in his spot on the fourth line and for the first time this season showed potential with the big club.
- Standings Watch! The Bruins are now in the 8th spot in the East and currently tied with Montreal and Philadelphia with 82 points (both the teams have more overall wins). The Washington Capitals dropped the Atlanta Thrashers keeping two points between them and B's. The Islanders also beat the Flyers to keep them tied in points with Boston. Florida, Toronto, and New York all won tonight to keep the race for the worst record in the East the same.
- Short recap... just really frustrated with this one tonight and have nothing else to say about this team tonight.
- Check Tuukka Time's post-game video recap now....
- Boston hosts the 15th place Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night in another must win situation.