Game Seventy-Seven (Live on NESN(HD) or 98.5FM The Sports Hub)
Boston Bruins (35-29-12) @ Florida Panthers (30-34-12)
April 1st, 2010 @ 7:00PM
- The Bruins and Panthers will meet for the fourth and final time this season, the season series has already seen two shootouts finishes (the last going to the eight-round). Only six games remain in the regular season for the Bruins who currently sit in 7th place in the East, only two points ahead of the 9th place Thrashers. But recently things haven been improving in Boston as the team is finding the back of the net more frequently and their overall defense has been more consistent. As for the Panthers, thats a different story. Florida has dropped their last four games and things are getting uglier each night. The Panthers are actually closing in on last place too, so lets hope the Leafs lose as well tonight.
- The Bruins are currently sitting in 7th place in the Eastern Conference with 82 points, sandwiched between the Philadelphia Flyers and Montreal Canandiens who also have 82 points. A Bruins win and a Flyers loss could push the B's up into 6th place. The Panthers are currently sitting in 14th place in the Conference and along with the Islanders are threatening to take over the last place spot from the Maple Leafs.
- Former Bruins Byron Bitz will not be in action tonight for the Panthers due to an elbow injury. Bitz was traded to Florida on March 3rd in an exchange that brought defenseman Dennis Seidenberg to Boston. Bitz has recorded a goal and an assist in seven games with the Panthers.
- Congrats to Toucher & Rich of 98.5 The Sports Hub for raising $25,000 for the Boston Bruins Foundation and MassGeneral Hospital for Children’s HOPE program yesterday at the very successful 3 annual "Cuts for a Cause" event. Read more on the event here.
- Heading to tonight's game? Don't miss the Sam Adams Bru Fest prior to the game in the front parking lot of the TD Garden. Grab a beer before the game while taking in some live music with the Bruins Ice Girls. It seems like whenever the Bruins throw a game promotion the only thing I really focus on are the Ice Girls (Hub Hockey still misses our favorite Ice Girl Sarah).
- Yesterday the Bruins signed prospects Jordan Caron, Joe Colborne, Michael Hutchinson and Steven Kampfer to entry-level contracts. Caron and Colborne are expected to dress for the Providence Bruins as soon as this Friday. Good to see the Bruins lock up young talent and not let them get away. Read more on the signings here.
- Don't miss out on your chance to win a great Hub Hockey prize pack in our "History Will Be Made" spoof contest currently going on.
- Expect to see Tuukka Rask start in net tonight after a shutout performance on Tuesday night against the New Jersey Devils. Tuukka has not allowed a goal against since March 25th against the Tampa bay Lightning early in the third period.
|Boston Bruins||Florida Panthers|