Game Forty (Live on NBC(HD) or 98.5FM The Sports Hub)
Boston Bruins (20-12-7) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (19-18-2)
January 1st, 2010 @ 1:00PM
- The Winter Classic countdown has finally come to an end as the Bruins move from Causeway to Yawkey tomorrow to take-on the Flyers in the Bridgestone Winter Classic.
- This will be the third game this season between the Flyers and Bruins. Currently Philadelphia owns the season series after winning the first two meetings, 4-3 SO win back in October and a 3-1 victory back in mid-December. Both the Flyers and Bruins are coming into the game winning last night by a shutout.
- As of right now the Classic will go on as scheduled tomorrow. Earlier in the week the weather forecast caused some concerns when the possibility of rain threatened to post-pone the game. But as of right now it looks like it will be cold enough tomorrow that any rain would become snow. So with the one to two inches of snow we received today and the forecast showing light snow fall tomorrow, this could be a picture perfect Classic.
- Sad news of the day, Milan Lucic is officially not going to be able to play in the game and will miss the opportunity to be involved in the first ever Winter Classic fight.
- Both the Bruins and Flyers hit the ice today to get in some practice on the outdoor rink and the initial response is that the ice is in excellent condition. Marc Savard even commented, saying it was better than the Garden's ice.
- Pre-game coverage will be on both NESN and the NHL Network starting at 11:00am tomorrow. NBC will broadcast a pre-game show a half-hour before the puck drops at 1:00pm.
- James Taylor, Daniel Powter and the Dropkick Murphys will all be performing before the game starts tomorrow.
- Check out the photo gallery for Puck Daddy's Winter Classic Parade Float photoshop contest. Personal favorite, the Zdeno Chara nude photo shoot float.
- Michael Leighton and Tim Thomas are the expected starters for tomorrows Classic showdown.
- If around tonight don't forget to tune into Versus for the NHL Winter Classic Eve Special starting at 11:00pm and running straight into the new year. The special will have player interviews, Flyers/Bruins season recaps, Winter Classic coverage, a new year countdown and live coverage from inside Fenway Park.
- Everyone have a happy and safe new year tonight and I will see you in 2010!
MATCHUP STAT BREAKDOWN:
|Boston Bruins||Philadelphia Flyers|